Platts Agriculture Limited are National market leaders in the UK Animal Bedding industry, running our own fleet of HGV’s. We’re expanding our team of hardworking drivers who keep the wheels turning.
We’re recruiting additional Class 1 drivers to join our conscientious and experienced Transport Team. Reporting to the Transport Manager, you’ll join a team of 25 experienced and professional HGV Drivers, bringing in our raw materials, and transporting market-leading, high quality animal bedding and cubicle conditioner products (palletised and bulk loose) to our customers all across the UK.
Approaching 50 years in business, and still family owned and run, Platts People are vital to the growth and success of the company. Each team member is actively encouraged and supported to develop and progress their skills and reach their full potential.
Operating a fleet of up to date vehicles including articulated moving floor trailers and rigid flat-deck lorries, Platts retain a ‘Green-Green’ status with the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA). All vehicles are maintained by our team of HGV mechanics at our sister-company, Platts Commercial Services.
What will I need to be considered for this Class 1 HGV Driver vacancy?
- Full HGV C+E Class 1 licence, along with a Drivers CPC card
- Good working knowledge of Tachograph and WTD rules
- Excellent geographical knowledge of the UK
- A flexible approach to work with a customer focused attitude.
- Willing to have nights out during the week
What will I receive in return?
As a Class 1 HGV Driver you’ll receive a pay rate of £14.00 per hour, plus an overnight allowance of £26.20 per night. You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working full time, with the opportunity for various working patterns, eg. Monday-Friday tramping, nights, 4-on-4-off to suit your work/life balance.
You’ll also benefit from:
- Company Uniform and PPE provided.
- Annual Discretionary Bonus.
- Employee Benefits Programme – Including Store Discounts and On-demand GP.
- Training in new equipment and processes.
- ‘High Spec’ Modern Vehicles – Volvo, Mercedes and Scania fleet – including TV, Fridge/Freezer, Microwave.
- Employee Council.
- Opportunity to attend company events/awards.
- 28 Days Holiday including Bank Holidays.
- Company Shutdown over Christmas/New Year period.
Salary: £14.00 per hour
To Apply: Send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com . Alternatively, for more information about the role, or if you’d like to discuss further, contact Group Transport Manager Tom Mortimer on 01978 854666 and press 2 for Transport.