Are you an experienced HGV Mechanic / Fitter with solid working knowledge of heavy goods vehicles and trailers who would relish the opportunity to join a multi award winning, family orientated company?
At Platts Commercial Services, we provide a wide range of services designed to keep HGVs on the road, with up-to-date facilities including 2 full-length inspection pits, modern equipment, software, and technology. We’re part of the Platts Group of Companies, originating from the 1970’s, continually ambitious and striving for growth.
Working from the depot located in Llay, Wrexham, as the HGV Mechanic / Fitter, you will work as part of a team of 4, with duties to include, although not be limited to:
- Carrying out routine and preventative maintenance inspections for both Platts Agriculture Ltd and Platts Transport Ltd, who currently operate a combined fleet of over 130 HGV semi-trailers
- Identifying faults on customers trailers and carrying out repairs to the highest possible standards
- Attending breakdowns and call outs where appropriate
- Carrying out pre-MOT inspections and presenting vehicles and trailers for MOT testing at the company’s on site DVSA Authorised Testing Facility
- Completing vehicle service sheets and job card documentation to the required standard
- Ensuring that the company’s excellent road worthiness reputation with VOSA is maintained
- Assisting with the training and development of apprentices
You will be part of a friendly, positive, and professional team within a well-established and employee focused company, where you will be provided with opportunities for continuous professional development.
Salary: ranging from £32,000 to £43,680 dependent on experience and qualifications.
Contract: Permanent, full time hours (6am to 6pm), working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern
What will you need to be considered for this HGV Mechanic?
- Proven experience and knowledge as a Mechanic working with heavy goods trailers and their components
- Qualified HGV Mechanic to at least City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in a HGV technical qualification
- Preferably but not essential to have a C+E driving licence, along with Drivers CPC qualification
- Ability to ensure vehicles and trailers are maintained in line with up to date VOSA standards
- Experience of working to health and safety, and COSHH requirements
- Computer literate with experience of using email and Microsoft Office applications
- Proven experience of fabrication and welding.
Over recent years, we’ve been pleased to win numerous awards from our local and National Chamber of Commerce, as well as the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) Scale up Business of the Year Award for Wales, Family Business of the Year, and Environmental/Sustainability Award, all made possible by our successful, hardworking and passionate team. Platts are a certified ChwaraeTeg ‘Fairplay Employer’, recognising diversity and equality in the workplace.
How to Apply:
If you’d like to join a progressive family business- and have the relevant qualifications and experience, you can get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Perhaps you’re not quite at the qualified and experienced level outlined above just yet, but are an aspiring HGV Mechanic? Why not get in touch anyways – we’re always looking out for Apprentices to join and learn from our team. Contact Group Head of HR, Nerys Price-Jones on 01978 854666, or email us above for more information.